Please feel free to check out THE STYLE GUIDE! While not all of the advice will apply to a Simply Holiday Session, many of the tips will be relevant in helping you plan your wardrobe!
For this holiday themed event, please feel free to go one of two ways:
- Classic, neutal clothing: think white, cream, oatmeal, beige, gray. Dresses for little girls, sweaters and khakis for little boys.
- OR stick with classic, neutral coloured PJs, which would be totally adorable
Either way, think cozy! Soft fabrics, layering, some texture...
I have shopped the ZARA website for you & created a Pinterest Board with links that will take you right to the items. Purchase right from there or just use this board as a visual guide to inspire your choices.
- Be prepared & choose your outfits well in advance
- Don’t be afraid to ask for advice; feel free to email or text at 780.554.9132
- Lay all of the outfits out together... it will become apparent quickly if there is an item of clothing that doesn't belong.
- Choose a classic, neutral palette with soft accent colours
- Avoid T shirts with writing, logos or characters
- Consider adding a small, neutral print or pattern for interest
- Accessories are good, but remember sometimes less is more
- Since these are studio sessions, we will likely photograph your family barefoot
- Consider getting your hair & make-up done professionally
- Make sure your children feel comfortable with their outfits
- Check the fine details & make sure everything is polished
Neutral colours & soft, flowing fabrics will result in soft & organic images. Keeping your clothing palette neutral allows the focus of your images to be natural connection & authentic emotion.
Due to the limited duration of these sessions, no clothing changes during the session are permitted. The Studio Wardrobe is also unfortunately not available for this event.
Having your hair & makeup done prior to your session is a way to ensure that you look like your freshest & most gorgeous self & I highly recommend it!
Jess from True Beauty Makeup Artistry is a gem! She’s a wizard with the brushes & will create a subtle, glamorous portrait ready look. For more information, email Jess at
& tell her I sent you!
You may choose to add on any of these heirloom products (including Custom Holiday Cards, Ornaments, Artisan Wood Mounts, Deep Matte Prints & Mantle Art)
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns: