Please feel free to check out THE STYLE GUIDE! It's a really good place to start looking for wardrobe inspiration for your session.
Soft fabrics, layering, some texture...
I have shopped the ZARA website for you & created a Pinterest Board with links that will take you right to the items. Purchase right from there or just use this board as a visual guide to inspire your choices.
- Be prepared & choose your outfits well in advance
- Don’t be afraid to ask for advice; feel free to email or text at 780.554.9132
- Lay all of the outfits out together... it will become apparent quickly if there is an item of clothing that doesn't belong.
- Choose a classic, neutral palette with soft accent colours
- Avoid T shirts with writing, logos or characters
- Consider adding a small, neutral print or pattern for interest
- Accessories are good, but remember sometimes less is more
- Since these are studio sessions, we will likely photograph your family barefoot
- Consider getting your hair & make-up done professionally
- Make sure your children feel comfortable with their outfits
- Check the fine details & make sure everything is polished
Neutral colours & soft, flowing fabrics will result in soft & organic images. Keeping your clothing palette neutral allows the focus of your images to be natural connection & authentic emotion.
Having your hair & makeup done prior to your session is a way to ensure that you look like your freshest & most gorgeous self & I highly recommend it!
Jess from True Beauty Makeup Artistry is a gem! She’s a wizard with the brushes & will create a subtle, glamorous portrait ready look. For more information, email Jess at
& tell her I sent you!
You may choose to add on any of these heirloom products (including Custom Holiday Cards, Ornaments, Artisan Wood Mounts, Deep Matte Prints & Mantle Art)
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns: